The ANC Veterans League (ANCVL) concluded its 3rd conference over the weekend, finalizing its new leadership structure. The top five leaders elected are as follows: Snuki Zikalala as President, with Mavuso Msimang serving as Deputy President.
The position of Secretary-General was filled by Ilva Mackay Langa, while Connie September was elected as Deputy Secretary-General and Fazel Randera as Treasurer-General.
The conference’s third day centered on the nomination and election of additional members for the National Executive Committee (NEC).
All provinces, except Kwa-Zulu Natal, submitted their consolidated lists via mutual agreement. KZN initially sought to submit its list separately, but their representatives’ names were later included in the joint list.
Msimang explained that the selection process prioritized gender and geographical representation while also considering the candidates’ capacity and commitment.
The 27 newly elected NEC members are:
- Zakes Tolo
- Joel Netshitenzhe
- Johnny De Lange
- Lisa Säftel
- Baby Tyawa
- James Ngculu
- Sheila Sisulu
- Sue Rabkine
- Reverend Frank Chikane
- Phila Nkayi (Eastern Cape)
- Eunice Kekana (Eastern Cape)
- Playfair Morule (Free State)
- Genniver Ditshabe (Free State)
- Ribbon Naomi Mosholi (Gauteng)
- Monica Mnguni (Gauteng)
- Malusi Stan Motimela (Limpopo)
- Magdalene Lewele (Limpopo)
- Nora Fakude (Mpumalanga)
- Ben Mthembu (Mpumalanga)
- Dipuo Peters (Northern Cape)
- Kenneth Khumalo (Northern Cape)
- Tshidi Mangwathe (North West)
- Richel Rasmeni (North West)
- Trish Hanekom (Western Cape)
- Fumanekile Gqiba (Western Cape)
- Maggie Govender (KwaZulu-Natal)
- Eleanor Khanyile (KwaZulu-Natal)
Säftel, in her report on recommendations, emphasized the need for political education and consequence management within the ANC.
The conference reached an agreement to hold the ANC accountable through monitoring and evaluation. Furthermore, the ANCVL will establish mechanisms to self-monitor and report on their progress.
The NEC will address matters related to ANCVL members with broken service in detail.The conference was expected to conclude with an address from President Cyril Ramaphosa on Sunday afternoon.
Full Story Source: New Leadership Announced At ANC Veterans League Conference